Sonar Bangla Express is the most speedy Intercity train on the Dhaka to Chittagong route. If you want to travel from Dhaka to Chittagong in a short time, this is the best train.
Today I will tell you about Dhaka to Chittagong Sonar Bangla Express Train Schedule & latest ticket price.
Sonar Bangla Express train number is 787 & 788. This is an international standard passenger train. It is the second train that does not stop any station at Dhaka from Chittagong.
The train service was launched on 25 June 2016. Sonar Bangla is the top priority train of Bangladesh Railway Network.
It only stops at Dhaka Airport Station. The train fare is slightly higher than the Subarna Express.
Sonar Bangla Express Train Schedule
Firstly I will tell you the Sonar Bangla Express train schedule. Here is your Chittagong to Dhaka Sonar Bangla train Schedule by the table.
Sonar Bangla Express Departure Dhaka at 07:00 AM. This train arrival Chittagong at 12:15 PM. This train journey time only 5 hours 15 minutes.
On the other hand this train departure Chittagong at 05:00 PM & Dhaka arrival at 10:10 PM. This train journey time only 5 hours 10 minutes.
Dhaka to Chittagong Sonar Bangla Train
Here is your Sonar Bangla train Dhaka to Chittagong schedule. This train stops only Dhaka airport for this route.
|Kamalapur Departure||07:00 AM|
|Dhaka Airport Departure||07:32 AM|
|Chittagong Arrival||12:15 PM|
Chittagong to Dhaka Sonar Bangla Train
Now I will tell you Chittagong to Dhaka Sonar Bangla Train.
|Chittagong Departure||05:00 PM|
|Dhaka Airport Arrival||09:40 PM|
|Kamalapur Arrival||10:10 PM|
Sonar Bangla Express Ticket Price
Here is your this train with all the latest ticket prices. Sonar Bangla Train has an air-conditioned well-maintained cabin, clean AC chairs.
Besides, Patron has toilets, fan towels, high commodities. There are also laptops and mobile charges. Due to modern amenities, train fare is a bit higher.
|Class||Price (Adult)||Price (Child)|
|Single Chair||600 Tk.||465 Tk.|
|First Seat||800 Tk.||595 Tk.|
|Snigdha||1,000 Tk.||730 Tk.|
|AC Seat||1,100 Tk.||793 Tk.|
- 15% Vat will be added this prices
About Sonar Bangla Express
The train has two AC Sleeping Chair coaches, four AC chairs, nine Shovon chairs, a food car, and a Power car.
Each AC chair has 55 seats, AC sleeper’s 33, and the decorative chair has 60 seats. From the decoration to the AC chair, AC cabin and sleeping seats to leather.
The train currently runs through Indonesia‘s 14 red-green PT Inca air brake bogies. Sometimes the train runs up to 18 bogies when needed. These buggies were imported in 2016.
Dhaka to Chittagong Train Contact Number
- Kamalapur Station – 02-8315857, 02-9330522, 01843-220622, 01711691612
- Dhaka Airport – 02-8924239
- Chittagong Station – +88 01711-691550, 635162
Dhaka to Chittagong Train More Information
- Dhaka to Chittagong railway distance – 346 Km.
- Journey time – 5 hours 20 minutes.
How Can You Buy a Train Ticket
Hi friends! You can buy train tickets in two ways. First, go to the railway station directly, secondly online. But you can buy tickets online from the house easily to buy tickets online.
You can buy tickets online from Bangladesh Railway’s website online. In that case, an online charge will be applicable.
Click to buy tickets online: E-Ticketing
- Inter-city trains are destinations for the prayer rooms.
- The guard has a first aid box.
- There are toilet facilities. However, it is better not to use the toilet when the train is stopped.
- Each bogie has one guide. They are responsible for the services of passengers, necessary advice and ensuring the overall safety of the train.
- Aluminum shutters are on the side of the window for the safety of the passengers.
- Shovon Bogie has the advantage of cutting a standing ticket. Standing tickets are issued after the total allotted tickets have been sold.
- The cost of a standing ticket is the same as a seating ticket. The product can be taken just like a normal ticket.
- Food trains are added to inter-city trains.
- The food can be taken to the food car from any end of the train via the corridor.
- Daily magazines and magazines are also available.
Charge to carry goods in Train
There is a pool arrangement for carrying goods from the station to the compartment or from the compartment.
They charge according to the number of goods. Here are the lists of current charges, although they can be taken care of by the actual cases.
- No more than 28 kgs (1 bag) BDT 30
- No more than 28 kgs (2 bags) BDT 40
- No more than 37 kg (1 bag) BDT 40
- No mor/-e than 37 kg (2 bags) BDT 50
- No more than 56 kg (1 bag) BDT 60
- No more than 56 kgs (2 bags) BDT 80
- Mohanagar Provati (Dhaka to Chittagong)
- Subarna Express (Dhaka to Chittagong)
- Mohanagar Express (Dhaka to Chittagong)
- Turna Express (Dhaka to Chittagong)
- Chattala Express (Dhaka to Chittagong)