Sonar Bangla Express Train Schedule & Ticket Price 2023
Today I will tell you about Dhaka to Chittagong Sonar Bangla Express Train Schedule & latest ticket price.
Sonar Bangla Express is the most speedy Intercity train on the Dhaka to Chittagong route. If you want to travel from Dhaka to Chittagong in a short time, this is the best train.
Sonar Bangla Express train number is 787 & 788. This is an international standard passenger train. It is the second train that does not stop any station at Dhaka from Chittagong.
The train service was launched on 25 June 2016. Sonar Bangla is the top priority train of Bangladesh Railway Network. It only stops at Dhaka Airport Station. The train fare is slightly higher than the Subarna Express.
➤ Sonar Bangla Express Train Schedule
Firstly I will tell you the Sonar Bangla Express train schedule. Here is your Chittagong to Dhaka Sonar Bangla train Schedule by the table.
Sonar Bangla Express Departure Dhaka at 07:00 AM. This train arrival Chittagong at 12:15 PM. This train journey time only 5 hours 15 minutes.
On the other hand this train departure Chittagong at 05:00 PM & Dhaka arrival at 10:10 PM. This train journey time only 5 hours 10 minutes.
➤ Dhaka to Chittagong | Sonar Bangla Train Schedule
Here is your Sonar Bangla train Dhaka to Chittagong schedule. This train stops only Dhaka airport for this route.
|Kamalapur Departure||07:00 AM|
|Dhaka Airport Departure||07:32 AM|
|Chittagong Arrival||12:15 PM|
|Journey Time||5 Hour 15 Mint|
|Dhaka to Chittagong distance||346 Km.|
➤ Chittagong to Dhaka | Sonar Bangla Train Schedule
|Chittagong Departure||05:00 PM|
|Dhaka Airport Arrival||09:40 PM|
|Kamalapur Arrival||10:10 PM|
➤ Sonar Bangla Express Ticket Price
Here is your this train with all the latest ticket prices. Sonar Bangla Train has an air-conditioned well-maintained cabin, clean AC chairs.
Besides, Patron has toilets, fan towels, high commodities. There are also laptops and mobile charges. Due to modern amenities, train fare is a bit higher.
|Class||Rent Per Seat|
|AC Single||786 Taka + 15% Vat|
|Snigdha||700 Taka + 15% Vat|
|First Seat||605 Taka + 15% Vat|
|Single Chair||405 Taka + 15% Vat|
➤ About Sonar Bangla Express
The train has two AC Sleeping Chair coaches, four AC chairs, nine Shovon chairs, a food car, and a Power car.
Each AC chair has 55 seats, AC sleeper’s 33, and the decorative chair has 60 seats. From the decoration to the AC chair, AC cabin and sleeping seats to leather.
The train currently runs through Indonesia‘s 14 red-green PT Inca air brake bogies. Sometimes the train runs up to 18 bogies when needed. These buggies were imported in 2016.
➤ How Can Buy Sonar Bangla Express Ticket
You can buy train tickets in two ways. First, go to the railway station directly, secondly online. But you can buy tickets online from the house easily to buy tickets online.
You can buy tickets online from Bangladesh Railway’s website online. In that case, an online charge will be applicable.
- Click to buy tickets online: E-Ticketing
- If you Want to know more this way, then click: Know For E-Ticketing
- For All Bangladesh Railway information, you can click: Bangladesh Railway
➤ How to Track Sonar Bangla Express
Bangladesh Railway launched the train tracking system on 16 January 2014. This allows passengers to arrive at 16318 by mobile SMS when they leave the train, getting information on train status, next stoppage, real-time departure.
- Go to your mobile SMS option
- tr <space> 787/788. OR tr <space> Sonar Bangla Express
- Send to 16318
- The immediate location of the train will be informed via SMS again.
- SMS charge 4 taka+vat.
➤ Dhaka to Chittagong Train Contact Number
|Kamalapur Station||02-8315857, 02-9330522, 01843-220622, 01711691612|
|Dhaka Airport Station||02-8924239|
|Chittagong Station||01711-691550, 635162|
➤ Other advantages
- Inter-city trains are destinations for the prayer rooms.
- The guard has a first aid box.
- There are toilet facilities. However, it is better not to use the toilet when the train is stopped.
- Each bogie has one guide. They are responsible for the services of passengers, necessary advice and ensuring the overall safety of the train.
- Aluminum shutters are on the side of the window for the safety of the passengers.
- Shovon Bogie has the advantage of cutting a standing ticket. Standing tickets are issued after the total allotted tickets have been sold.
- The cost of a standing ticket is the same as a seating ticket. The product can be taken just like a normal ticket.
➤ Meal system
- Food trains are added to inter-city trains.
- The food can be taken to the food car from any end of the train via the corridor.
- Daily magazines and magazines are also available.
➤ Charge to carry goods in Train
There is a pool arrangement for carrying goods from the station to the compartment or from the compartment.
They charge according to the number of goods. Here are the lists of current charges, although they can be taken care of by the actual cases.
|28 kgs (1 bag)||30 Taka|
|28 kgs (2 bags)||40 Taka|
|37 kg (1 bag)||40 Taka|
|37 kg (2 bags)||50 Taka|
|56 kg (1 bag)||60 Taka|
|56 kgs (2 bags)||80 Taka|