Sikkim Tour: How To Go Gangtok to Darjeeling Best Packages
Thinking about Sikkim tour? Want to get an idea of when to go, how to go or where to stay? Then this report is for you. Here i will discuss How To Go Gangtok to Darjeeling also. Sikkim is the second smallest state in India in terms of area, it is a very popular tourist city for nature lovers.
Sikkim is located in the north east of India and is surrounded by West Bengal, Bhutan, Nepal and Tibet. The total population of Sikkim with an area of 7000 square kilometers is about 6.5 lakh. Gangtok is the largest city and capital of Sikkim.
Consisting of four districts, North Sikkim, East Sikkim, South Sikkim and West Sikkim, Sikkim is full of magnificent mountain springs, deep valleys, medicinal plant forests and rich biodiversity.
With alpine pastures, mountains, glaciers and thousands of wild flowers, Sikkim’s suburbs like Gangtok and Lachung fascinate tourists everywhere. Another special attraction of this city is the Sangu Lake, which holds the immense beauty of East Sikkim.
Places to visit in Sikkim Tour
Sikkim has numerous attractions to visit. But most of the tourist spots are located in Gangtok, Lachung and Peling cities. And Gangtok is the main transit point for all cities in Sikkim.
Gangtok | Sikkim Tour
The capital city of Sikkim is Gangtok originally belonging to East Sikkim. It is now known as a Tibetan Buddhist center and a base camp for trekkers trekking from the Himalayan peaks of Sikkim. Among the various sightseeing spots here, Kanchanjungkha and the neighboring hills can be seen from the Tashi view point. And traditional clothes are also available on rent for taking photos for just Rs.50.
The Namgal Institute of Tibetology, a museum dedicated to Tibetan culture, houses various Buddhist statues, monastic artifacts, religious rituals, a library and a research center. The “Hanuman Tak Mandir” dedicated to Hanuman under the control of the Indian Army offers a beautiful view of the mountain valley and Hill.
Again, the adventure will be experienced at Ban Jhakri Falls along with seeing the beautiful waterfalls. You can also visit places of interest like Sikkim Himalayan Zoological Park with various animals, Rumtek Monastery, Enche Monastery, Nathu La, Ridge Flower Park, Saramsa Garden, Lhasa Falls and Gandhi Statue. And Gangtok’s camping, ropeway, rafting, trekking and hiking opportunities are another special attraction for tourists.
Pelling | Sikkim Tour
Pelling is a small town in West Sikkim. Visiting the temple on a 50 meter long bridge hanging over the hill at Sky Walk Pelling is nothing less than an adventure. At Rimbi Orange Garden next to Rimbi River, you can see cardamom, orange, nutmeg and orange trees, the entry fee here is 10 rupees per person.
Many people come here to see the natural scenery of Kanchanjunga Falls. Again, you can do trekking to historical places like Rabdentse Ruins for 25 rupees. The almost 300-year-old beautiful architecture of Pemayangtse Monastery in West Sikkim also attracts tourists.
Lachung | Sikkim Tour
The Lachung village located near the Tibetan border under North Sikkim is divided into the river. It takes about 110 and a half hours to reach this village, located 5 km from Gangtok. On the way to Yamathang Valley, the transparent blue water and two extraordinary fountains of the Teesta river bring calmness to the mind.
You will find ice on the hills of the Yamathang Valley. There is a 5 -century Buddhist Lachung monastery surrounded by the apple garden. Besides, the cut of Sikkim as Switzerland will also be seen in the middle point of white ice covered hills. There are also Vimna Nala Falls, Khanda Water Falls and Snow Point for Tracking.
Changu Lake | Sikkim Tour
Sangu Lake, located in East Sikkim, is also known as “Tsomgo Lake”, 40 km from Gangtok. Located at an altitude of 3753 meters above the ground, this ice lake is one of the tourist destinations in Sikkim. The true beauty of this lake cannot be expressed in language or writing, only can be felt.
The road from Gangtok to Sangu Lake is strangely beautiful. The weather here is cold, as the top can go upwards, the colder increases. The real fun of playing with ice in the snow fruit is never really understood.
Besides Lachen Monastery, Ravangla Buddhist Park, Ralang Monastery, Sunrise View Point, Namchi Hilltop Monastery, Char Dham Temple, Khanchendzonga National Park, at an altitude of 8,000-12,000 feet. Located in Singalila National Park, Arita Lake and Rishi Khola Falls are tourist attractions.
Sikkim Travel Time
The best time to visit Sikkim is from the end of February to May and from the end of September to November. Road closures are likely in winter. Besides, North Sikkim experiences landslides throughout the year, and many places in Sikkim cannot be visited during the monsoons. South and West Sikkim and Gangtok can be visited throughout the year.
Where to stay in Sikkim
Sikkim has numerous hotels, motels and homestays to stay in Gangtok, Pelling, Lachung and MG Marg. According to the hotel, the rent for two beds will be 1500 to 5000 taka. However, the hotel rent doubles during the tourist season. If you do a little research, you will get a room for two people between 500 and 1000 rupees. Information about some hotels in Gangtok –
|Hotel Name||Possible rent||Phone Number|
|Hotel Priyadarshini||2000 Rupees – 5000 Rupees||9836556139, 9433067673|
|Hotel Willis||2000 Rupees – 4000 Rupees||8170067952, 7557086652|
|Swang Hotel||2000 Rupees – 3000 Rupees||8250893315|
|New Hotel Sikkim||1500 Rupees – 3000 Rupees||9051166693|
Where to eat
Sikkim is called “Land of organic” everything here is very clean and fresh, so you can be sure that you can eat good and fresh food when you visit Sikkim. At MG Market, Lal Bazar Road in Gangtok, you can enjoy delicious street food at affordable prices.
And at restaurants like Nimth, Mama’s Kitchen, Crumbs n Whips, Cafe Royale, Gupta Restaurant, Local Cafe and Kabur, you can try dishes like Thukpa, Mom, Gundruk Soup, Sha Faley, Tibetan Bread and Lachi.
Where to buy what?
One can find several local shops to shop for gift items in Gangtok. And you can buy various winter clothes, handicrafts, gift items and souvenirs from various shops in Sikkim.
Essential tips for traveling to Sikkim
- Carry at least 10 to 12 photocopies of passport, visa and Sikkim travel permit and passport size photograph.
- Be aware of the harassment of brokers at various stages of travel to Sikkim. Avoid taking any travel packages especially from Siliguri brokers.
- Exchange the necessary money at the border, you will get a better rate than elsewhere.
- Vodafone service in Sikkim is relatively good.
- Photography is prohibited in most of the temples and museums in Sikkim so keep these things in mind.
- Take good grip shoes or sneakers if you want to do trekking.
- In case of Sikkim travel, you must bring heavy winter clothes, jacket, umbrella, hand and foot socks, mufflers, ear hats and gum boots for walking on snow-covered roads. You can also rent gum boots from the hotel in Sikkim.
- In Gangtok, shops and restaurants close after 9 pm.
- Know the exact information about the food and hotel while taking the package through the travel agency.
- During winter, wooden hotels are relatively cold.
- To visit North Sikkim you must go through a traveling agency. If you want to go to a group, make a group in advance. Agencies will not help you with groups.
- Permission is required every time to go to various tourist spots from Gangtok. It is the responsibility of the driver of the vehicle. But definitely carry passport, visa, many copies of ILP and passport size photo.
- Gangtok Ropeway operates from 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM.
- Nathula can be visited from Wednesday to Sunday.
- Smoking, littering and spitting in public places are punishable by law in Gangtok.
- Sikkim has restrictions on free entry for foreign tourists. So tourists need a Protected Area Permit or RAP. have to take
Thank you for reading our article Sikkim Tour: How To Go Gangtok to Darjeeling Best Packages. People also searching Sikkim Tour, gangtok to darjeeling, darjeeling to gangtok, tour of sikkim, Sikkim Tour, gangtok to darjeeling, darjeeling to gangtok, tour of sikkim.