Ekota Express (Dhaka to Dinajpur) Train Schedule & Ticket Price 2020
Today we tell you Ekota Express Train Schedule & Ticket Price 2019. This is one of the Most popular train services of Bangladesh Railway.
This train route is Dhaka to Dinajpur. Ekota Express is the luxurious train service of this route.
It provides many interesting facilities for their honorable passengers. It has a food compartment, a prayer room, public toilet, strong security, etc.
An inter-city train was started in 1986 from Dinajpur in north Bengal to the capital Dhaka by the name of Ekota Express.
At that time This Train left from Dinajpur and brought passengers to Parbatipur, Rangpur, Kaunia, Gaibandha, and Balasi Ghat.
The passengers then traveled through the Jamuna River to Bahadurabad Ghat via railway’s own ferry service.
There was another raker of Ekota train returning to Jamalpur, Mymensingh, Joydevpur and returning to Dhaka. After the Jamuna Bridge was started it was terminated.
Changed the Ekta Express Gauge on September 2, 2016, from meter gauge to broad gauge train.
Ekota Express left from Ponchogor at 09:00 pm every night and the train reached Dhaka at 08:10 am the next day.
This Train Dhaka left at 10:00 am every morning and reached Ponchoghor at around 9:00 pm.
Total 13 of bogie numbers in Ekota. The train can carry around 1,200 passengers.
It has different categories of services such as Shovon, Shovon Chair, First Seat, First Birth, Snigdha, AC Seat, AC Birth. Ekota train ticket price depending on their category itâ€™s between 350 to 1600 Tk.
Ekota Express Train Schedule
Now we will tell you the station name of Ekota Express. This train stops many stations on this route.
When Ekota runs from Dhaka the Train number is 705. It starts at Dhaka at 10:00 and reaches Dinajpur at 18:50.
It takes around 8 to 9 hours to reach the destinations. Ekota doesnâ€™t run on Tuesday. Reversely, From Dinajpur, the train number is 706.
|Station (From Dhaka)||Departure||Station (From Dinajpur)||Departure|
|Dhaka||10:00 am||Dinajpur||11:00 pm|
|Biman Bandar||10:32 am||Parbatipur||11:59 pm|
|Jaydevpur||11:03 am||Phulbari||12:22 am|
|Tangail||12:04 pm||Birampur||12:37 am|
|SH M Monsur Ali||01:05 pm||Joypurhat||01:13 am|
|Natore||03:02 pm||Akkelpur||01:19 am|
|Santahar||04:10 pm||Santahar||01:50 am|
|Akkelpur||04:39 pm||Natore||01:56 am|
|Joypurhat||04:59 pm||SH M Monsur Ali|
|Birampur||05:17 pm||Tangail||05:03 am|
|Phulbari||05:32 pm||Jaydevpur||06:05 am|
|Parbatipur||06:32 pm||Biman Bandar||06:28 am|
|Dinajpur||06:50 pm||Dhaka||08:10 am|
Ekota Express Ticket Price With Sub-Station
In this time we tell you Popular train Ekota Ticket Price. The passengers loved the train very well. This information is updated this month.
|Destination||Shovon||Snigdha||AC seat||AC Berth|
|Dinajpur/Chirirbandar||465 Tk.||775 Tk.||930 Tk.||1390 Tk.|
|Parbotipur||440 Tk.||730 Tk.||875 Tk.||1315 Tk.|
|Phulbari||425 Tk.||705 Tk.||850 Tk||1270 Tk.|
|Birampur||415 Tk.||690 Tk.||830 Tk.||1245 Tk.|
|Panchbibi||395 Tk.||660 Tk.||790 Tk.||1185 Tk.|
|Joypurhat||390 Tk.||645 Tk.||775 Tk.||1160 Tk.|
|Akkelpur||375 Tk.||625 Tk.||745 Tk.||1120 Tk.|
|Santahar||360 Tk.||600 Tk.||715 Tk.||1075 Tk.|
|Natore||320 Tk.||530 Tk.||640 Tk.||955 Tk.|
|Ishardi Baipass||290 Tk.||485 Tk.||580 Tk.||870 Tk.|
|Chatmohor||270 Tk.||450 Tk.||540 Tk.||810 Tk.|
|Jamtoil||230 Tk.||385 Tk.||460 Tk.||690 Tk.|
|Bangabandhu Bridge||135 Tk.||225 Tk.||270 Tk.||405 Tk.|
|Tangail||115 Tk.||190 Tk.||230 Tk.||345 Tk.|
Ekota Express Address and Contact
Kamalapur Railway Station
Phone Number: + 88-02-9358634,9331822
Mobile Number: + 88-01711691612
Airport Railway Station
Phone Number: + 88-89244239
How To Buy Ekota Express Train Ticket?
Purchasing tickets through the Internet is another convenient way to travel with Bangladesh Railway.
Register yourself with your cell phone number, book online and your ticket details will then be emailed to you instantly after payment through your any VISA/MASTER, DBBL Nexus/VISA/MASTER/Mobile Banking and City bank Amex cards.
Print it out and bring it along with your valid Identity card to the station at least 15 minutes prior to your journey.
If you purchase e-ticket for other persons, you have to print out a hard copy of e-ticket from designated counters of any online stations.
- An air-conditioned passenger can carry 56 kilograms, first-class passenger 37.5kg, comfortably class passengers 28kg and cheap second class passenger with 23 kilograms without rent.
- By paying extra goods, you can take it as luggage and take it to its own destination. There are separate counters for luggage booking at major stations.
- Trolleys for carrying luggage.
- There are wheelchairs for carrying sick people.
Food trains are added to the intercity trains. Through the corridor, it is possible to take food from any corner of the train to the food car. The price list of food items in all food carts is drawn.
Here burgers, cakes, sandwiches, patches, rolls, bread, tea, copies, cutlets, boiled eggs, fried chicken, kebab singers, samucha, various types of soft drinks and mineral water are available.
- Intercity trains have a scheduled place for prayers.
- The Guard has a primary medical box.
- There are toilet facilities. But it is better not to use the toilet while the train stops.
- Each Bogi has one guide. They carry out duties to ensure passengers’ services, necessary counseling and overall safety of the train.
- The aluminum shutter is on the side of the window for passengers’ safety. There are some precautions to take when traveling on the train.
- For example – Do not sit in the train’s door-window, do not get on the roof of the train, do not ride in the engine. During the running of trains in the densely populated or slum areas, window shutters can be installed.
- There is a stand-alone ticket cutting facility in the Shovon Bogi.
- After the total allocated ticket has been sold, a standing ticket is issued.
- The price of the standings tickets is equal to the ticketing ticket and the product is taken as a general ticket.
Thanks to reading our latest post Ekota Express Train Schedule & Ticket Price 2019. If you have any query about Ekota express please comment our facebook page. Have a nice and safe journey.